The UFC brings us a rapid follow-up to last week’s UFC on Fox with this Sunday’s (aus time) epic fight card of UFC 139: Shogun vs Henderson.
If you’re looking for a stacked card – this is what it looks like! The main fight card features six(!) former champions from the UFC, Strikeforce and Pride with each fight easily in contention for Fight of the Night honours.
- Shogun: Rua was quite impressive in his last fight against Forrest Griffin at UFC 134, knocking out the fellow former champion easily in the first round. An experienced fighter who matches exceptional Muay Thai with equally brilliant BJJ, he’d probably still be the UFC Light Heavyweight champion if it wasn’t for the freakish abilities of Jon Jones.
- Henderson: Dan is coming off a quality performance where he defeated MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko. As a former Olympic wrestler he is comfortable on the ground and has some big KOs under his belt.
- Bottom line: A tough fight to call but it can’t be forgotten that Henderson is 41 years old while Shogun is still a youthful 30. Add to that the fact Shogun’s skill set is more varied than Henderson’s and it’s likely to be a win to Shogun. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua with the win by decision.
Current fight odds
How To Watch
The preliminary card is being shown on Facebook with the main card on pay-per-view.
Other Fights On The Card
The main fight card is stacked! The main fights are:
- Maurício Rua vs. Dan Henderson
- Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le
- Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles
- Martin Kampmann vs. Rick Story
- Stephan Bonnar vs. Kyle Kingsbury