UFC 140 will see one former UFC Light Heavyweight champion do battle with one of the most exciting UFC Champions to ever be seen in the Octagon!
This Sunday December 11 2011 (aus time) reigning UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones will defend his title against former champion and Karate master Lyoto Machida. The Karate Kid is potentially Jon Jones’ toughest opponent so far and this is a fight that you definitely don’t want to miss.
- Jones: An incredible reach advantage with amazing, explosive athleticism. He can match great takedowns with quality ground control and the speed at which he throws kicks and spinning elbows is unparalleled.
- Machida: The Karate Kid kicks fast with accurate, strong blows. His back-and-forth movement in the cage makes him a difficult opponent to hit and a possibly even more difficult opponent to take down.
- Bottom line: It’s a battle of two very unorthodox styles and if anybody is going to defeat Jones then Machida is the current favourite to do it. While Machida is a technically superior striker, Jones has the patience to wear him down physically and throw aggressive moves when needed before heading to a ground-and-pound. Jon Jones to win by KO.
Current fight odds
How To Watch
Here’s how you can watch UFC 140: Jones vs Machida in Australia:
Sunday 11 December 2011
Brisbane: 12 pm
Prelims live and free on Facebook from 9:50am Sydney time.
Other Fights On The Card
All other fights apart from Jones vs Machida are:
- Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- Tito Ortiz vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira
- Claude Patrick vs. Brian Ebersole
- Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Jared Hamman vs. Constantinos Philippou
- John Makdessi vs. Dennis Hallman
- Yves Jabouin vs. Walel Watson
- Mark Bocek vs. Nik Lentz
- Rich Attonito vs. Jake Hecht
- Mitch Clarke vs. John Cholish