UFC 141 is coming our way this New Year’s Eve and it’s going to see two of the biggest heavyweights ever to do battle in the Octagon finally face off!
On Saturday December 31 2011 (aus time) former UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lessnar will lock horns with former Dream, Strikeforce and K-1 Heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem. This is a fight the fans have been calling for and it’s finally going to happen!
Coming in at 6’3″ and 120kgs, Brock hasn’t faced many opponents who can match his size. But with Overeem’s frame being an equally impressive 6’5″ and 120kgs, it will take more than sheer brute force for Brock to come away with a victory this time.
- Lesnar: Unbelievable athleticism for his size and his ground game has dramatically improved since he first entered the Octagon. He proved that his chin can withstand a solid beating against Shane Carwin and only seems to show weakness when matched against those with solid boxing skills.
- Overeem: Incredibly experienced fighter whose career has seen him face off against the likes of Shogun Rua, Little Nog, Vitor Belfor, Werdum and Chuck Lidell. His kickboxing and Muay Thai are the best in the world amongst the heavyweights. His kicks and reach will be something the Lesnar has never seen before in the Octagon.
- Bottom line: It’s the classic battle between a wrestler and a striker. To win Brock will need to close the distance early or face some brutal kickboxing. Standing in the way of him doing that are the Muay Thai knees of Overeem that could be the one thing to stop Lesnar in his tracks. Overeem for the win by KO.
Current fight odds
How To Watch
Here’s how you can watch UFC 141: Lesnar vs Overeem in Australia:
Saturday 31 December 2011
Brisbane: 1 pm
Other Fights On The Card
Other fights apart from Lesnar vs Overeem are:
- Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone
- Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
- Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- Nam Phan vs. Jimy Hettes
- Ross Pearson vs. Junior Assunção
- Anthony Njokuani vs. Danny Castillo
- Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson
- Jacob Volkmann vs. Efrain Escudero
- Matt Riddle vs. Luis Ramos
- Manvel Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes