It’s UFC time!
After a short hiatus during March and April, the UFC is back on April 22nd (Aus time) with a massive battle for the UFC Light Heavyweight crown! Reigning champ Jon Jones takes on challenger Rashad Evans in a battle between two fierce opponents who are both hungry for victory.
Reigning champ Jon Jones is currently sitting on a six win streak where he has repeatedly finished some of the Light Heavyweight division’s top fighters. With submission victories against Lyoto Machida and Rampage Jackson and KO’s against Shogun Rua and Vladimir Matyushenko, Jones has proved that he is more than worthy of the championship crown.
The former champ, Rashad Evans, is currently on a four win streak with the only loss on his nineteen fight record being three years ago when he lost the Light Heavyweight crown to Machida. There is no doubt that he will be looking to regain the championship he so strongly believes he deserves.
Main Fight Breakdown
- Jones: Many are calling him one of the greatest fighters in the UFC and the heir to Anderson Silva’s title as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Despite his young age he has managed to defeat quality opponents and former UFC champions. His base is in wrestling but through his fights he has proved that he can excel at all aspects of mixed martial arts.
- Evans: A star wrestler who has black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and an unorthodox style which can unsettle many opponents. As a former champion, he’s no stranger to big fights but will need to dig deep into his arsenal and bring out his A-game to remain a contender in the fight.
- Bottom Line: The speed and reach advantage of Jones is a force to be reckoned with and something even former UFC champions have often not encountered before. Jones Jones to win by KO.
Current Fight Odds:
- Jon Jones: $1.17
- Rashad Evans: $4.65
Official UFC Preview Video
Here’s the official extended pre-fight video for UFC 145:
How To Watch
This event will be shown live on Main Event at the following times:
Full Fight Card
Here’s the full fight card for UFC 145:
- Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans
- Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
- Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
- Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
- Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
- Mark Bocek vs. John Alessio
- Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
- Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
- John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
- Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements
- Marcus Brimage vs. Venezuela Maximo Blanco
For information on how to watch the Preliminary Fights subscribe to our Premium Fight Alerts.