If you love your UFC action thick and fast then you’re going to love UFC on Fox: Evans vs Davis!
Hitting Australian screens on Sunday January 29 2012 (aus time) the event features a main card with three amazing matchups that the fans have been dying to see.
First up is Demian Maia vs Chris Weidman where Maia, one of the greatest BJJ specialists in the world, will take on the undefeated wrestler Weidman.
Straight after that is the matchup of two of the UFC’s greatest trash talkers – Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping. Sonnen will be looking to firmly cement his spot as the No. 1 contender in the UFC middle weight division while Bisping, in what will be his 16th fight for the UFC, will be looking to get the title shot that he has dreamed of for so long.
In the main event of the evening, former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Rashad Evans will take on Phil “Mr Wonderful” Evans who is currently sitting on an undefeated 9-0 MMA career. Coming off an injury, this is the fight Davis needs to win to make his mark as a true contender amongst the UFC’s top fighters.
Main Fight Breakdown
- Evans: A strong and explosive fighter who has proved himself a capable specialist in BJJ and wrestling. His striking has improved greatly over the years and his unorthodox liquid fighting style punishes those who underestimate him. However, despite his grappling skills being his strength, it is still rare for him to finish a fight by submission.
- Davis: An absolute elite wrestler who’s athleticism is off the charts. He can submit and strike at a fast pace but has not yet fought the UFC’s elite fighters. He will undoubtedly be coming up against the best mixed martial artist he has faced so far.
- Bottom line: As a former champ, Evans is a proven mixed martial artist who has become a class athlete in all areas of the sport. While Davis is a better wrestler, he is inexperienced at facing such a strong opponent and lacks the complete package that Evans brings. A tough call but look for Evans with the win on points.
Current fight odds
How To Watch
This event is free-to-air. For information on which Australian channel is showing the event and what time in your city it will be televised subscribe to our Premium Fight Alerts.
Other Fights On The Card
Other fights apart from three main fights are:
- Evan Dunham vs. Nik Lentz
- Mike Russow vs. John-Olav Einemo
- Cub Swanson vs. George Roop
- Charles Oliveira vs. Eric Wisely
- Michael Johnson vs. Shane Roller
For information on how to watch the Preliminary Fights subscribe to our Premium Fight Alerts.